Monday, September 30, 2013

Fika Paus - Coffee Break

"Fika Paus" by Tina Rawson c 2013
Hej, this painting among others is now at the show "art in season" at the Provident Bank at 5 Market Street in Amesbury, MA.  See I really do paint!  (Just not that often.)  :-)  It's an homage to my mother and the Swedish "fika", a coffee break with friends, co-workers or family.*
A total of three of my works will be up in this show from October 1st - January 3rd.  I am so excited to be included with the other 19 women artists whose art I admire including our fantastic teacher Lully Schwartz. Check out Lully Schwartz beautiful art.
Hopefully my Franken frames will arrive today for two more oil paintings to be entered into a juried show.   We will see if I make it in time... they are due today!

*For more information about the Swedish coffee culture, check it our here:
http://www.visitsweden.com/sweden/Featured/Sweden-Beyond/West-Sweden2/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...