Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sewing is so time consuming



Hi everyone, sorry it's been awhile.  This Monday I completed a transfer project that I wanted to share with you using my new Fabricologie paper here.  I made pillows to donate to my son's school using a pattern I found here, easy pillow, and other places around the web and pinterest.  Pretty pleased with how they came out.  I like the transfers so much more than the plasticy ones I tried before, and the fabric I chose to place them on was special too.  I bought this rough woven fabric at the Boott Cotton Mill in Lowell, MA where believe or not they still make fabric using 8 of about 200 looms in this giant, noisy room.  We went there for a school trip and it was fascinating.  If you don't know much about the Industrial Revolution in America, well this is where it all started. The trolley was especially fun.  More information here, Lowell National Historical Park.  I'm going to make a trip back to pick up some more of the American made dishtowel fabric soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...