Swedish American blogs about design, decor, life and family with a slant towards Nordic Style and customs.
Coffee in Sweden
Tittut! (Peek-a-bo in Swedish) A little owl from Skåne wants to brighten your day. I was looking at The Local and read about an American cop living in Skåne in Sweden with his beautiful Swedish wife. They are going to start a cafe in a converted pig barn near Kristianstad. Love it! The nature up there is phenomenal and I give them lots of credit for tacking this huge project. Fika hos Lillan is the name of the cafe to be. Good luck Ron and Jeanette!
There are several breaking stories in my homeland, and my friends are involved in both! First there is a massive movement to let young refugees without papers stay in Sweden. Due to the molasses-like movement of the state many children have been there for so many years that they have learned the Swedish language and assimilated into the country. Now, they are being forcibly removed and sent to war torn countries like Afghanistan. Would YOU want to go if you were them? Hell no! One of my friends is part of the effort in Stockholm to stop that from happening and others across the country are trying to find homes for them. Wish I was there to help. I have been following it and I'm impressed by the group's commitment and PR savvy. Just doing my best to help from here by spreading the news. #låtdeungastanna. facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vistarinteut/
Another important issue that is being taken up just this week concerns the #metoo movement. Despite Sweden's repu…
Hej! As I write this post, I am missing Sweden. It is experiencing record breaking warmth this spring, and I can just imagine lying on the soft white beach near my mother's house while listening to the children play and the sounds of the surf. Ahhh! There's nothing like a good Swedish summer. This year, unfortunately, we won't be able to go as we're staying on American soil all summer, but I'm unfolding my Swedish flag and celebrating Midsommar nonetheless (on Friday June 22, 2018)!
Below are some photos from our last summer excursion to Sweden in 2017. It rained quite a lot, but that didn't dampen our spirits. It took me a while to post these because I was getting quick a lot of weird spam comments about all kind of strange things and frankly, it freaked me out. I had to remove the ability to post comments. But please enjoy the pictures, I am thinking of you all in sunny Sweden as I write this and wish you all a "GLAD MIDSOMMAR"! Love the place tha…
Do you love fashion? It's hot and happening in Scandinavia, and there are many young bloggers who post on the Swedish scene. Melanie Richtman at "Your Coffee Break" gives her top five below:
1. Ebba, at http://ebbazingmark.devote.se/. Check out this youngling's (only 17!) fresh take on fashion and photography.
2. Kenza Zouiten, at http://kenzas.se/. She is 22, lives in Stockholm and is a Swedish blogger/model/designer with Moroccan roots. Co-founder & creative director at IvyRevel. Her blog is the most visited in Sweden and just beautiful (as is she.)
3. Victoria Törnegren is model and blogger at http://imnext.se/victoriatornegren/. This is for the real fashionista. It's over my head (no way I could wear these pants!) but fun to dream.
4. Felicia Akerström at http://akerstroms.devote.se/ This lovely young woman does an amazing job of photographing her life and fashion. Check out the cool photos of New York!
5. Try Caroline Blomst's blog for shots of S…