Friday, March 15, 2013

Art is a microscope...

So excited I just received my new transfer paper.  I can paint and draw on this paper, and/or send it through the new inkjet printer I just bought (!) and then iron it on to a multitude of surfaces.  I'll mainly use it for fabrics, and the first project will be pillows for the Inn Street Montessori auction to be held on March 23rd.  Come on, come all! So, this weekend is set aside to play, and to sew.  Here's where I got the papers, transfer paper.  I am hoping to use it as a way to layer art.  I love that look, and I played around a little with it when I took a wonderful printing class at Massachusetts College of Art.  I still have some nice monotypes that I hope to be able to transfer images onto such as photos and prints using my new purchase.  We'll see how it goes!  Pictures to follow.

"Art is a microscope which the artist fixes on the secrets of his soul and shows to other people these secrets which are common to all."  - Leo Tolstoy

My latest work using transfers! "Fika Paus" Coffee Break by me.
"Fika Paus - Coffee Break" by Tina Rawson, 2013 oil paint+transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...