Monday, May 25, 2015

Yeah! Heroes Won!!

The reigning hero, Måns Zelmerlöv, came back to Sweden after a victorious night at the Eurovision contest on Saturday!! 
Malmö waits for Måns Zelmerlöv
My cousin (with thousands more) waited and took this shot on Stortorget in Malmö, Sweden.  I've been a fan since the get-go, see my post here where I rated the Swedish contestants and chose him as my #1.  So exciting for Sweden, they've really got this Eurovision thing nailed!  Sweden has won 5 times - 1974, 1984, 1991, 1999, 2012 and this year 2015! facts here

Check out this live video from him winning the 60th annual Eurovision contest.  It starts with a recap of his winning on Saturday in Austria and then shows the Lundapåg (Lund boy) coming home to celebrate! Plus a nice choral verson of "Hero"  http://www.svtplay.se/video/2960966/hyllning-till-mans

The show is in Swedish but I think the crowd and screaming girls translates pretty easily.  (One of the questions is how he doesn't seem to sweat.  Ha, ha)  The man is a hero for life in Sweden now.  This is something I've written about before, it's taken pretty seriously as you can see from the crowds. Heja Sweden!  :-)  And one more time, here's a link to the song, "Heroes":

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...