Saturday, July 6, 2013

Loppis! Flea market in Sweden

På väg till stranden by Bitte S.
So, today my "kära mor" (dear mother) woke me up and reminded me that I wanted to go to the Lions Loppis today in Vellinge.  Of course!  I jumped out of bed and ran out the door eager to get there before it was over at 10:00.  Normally I would have been there right at 9:00 pawing the ground with all the other prospective buyers but it was actually pretty relaxing strolling in at 9:30 and I still made some great buys! I got some beautiful Swedish textiles, a mid century vase, 12 turquoise and gold demi tasse cups and saucers (so cool!), and old tins to put things in for transfer to U.S.

Loving the turquoise!  I found a match I think in Sherwin Williams paint, Larchmere SW6751. It reminds me of my mother actually who has a turquoise back-splash in her kitchen and lots of blue on the walls of various shades.  She's an artist and I love this one of the three girls heading down to the water - cousins holding hands.  The sky today looked like the one overhead in this painting today.  So clear, blue and crisp and the water ... just amazing...  it was super blue, crystal clear and cold enough to knock you backwards off your feet.  Nothing for a real Swede of course who pride themselves on swimming in near freezing waters but the kids and I danced around for a bit before we got in.  Here's a shot from Höllviken's archives which gives a hint of another big event in town -- Falsterbo Horse Show -- but that's another day.  For now I am so happy with my loppis finds, an amazing beach day with the kids, and my family who inspire me every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...