Monday, July 1, 2013

Femen Stages Protest at Stockholm Mosque

I don't know much about this organization but I applaud their sticking up for women's rights.  I know that this  news is already buzzing in the Arab world.  Does it help women there to know Femen cares about their rights, or do they find it offensive that they bared their bodies in protest and that they agree with the status quo? femen-stages-topless-protest-stockholm-mosque As with any issue I'm sure that there are Muslim women on both sides of the coin - some who feel that this is true, and others who do not. I am going to try to follow the feedback, but here's more info on Femen, the radical feminist group comprised mainly of young women from Ukraine.  Note nudity: http://femen.org/en on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...