Sunday, July 21, 2013

5th wealthiest man is (flat)packin' it back to Sweden

IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad is moving back to Sweden after many long years in tax paradise Switzerland, where he will be taxed "accordingly based on his income."  Which I'm sure will be as close to null as he can get it as his son is now running the show.  Oh, and interestingly enough there is no longer any inheritance tax in Sweden!  You leave for just one lousy year and they go changing everything on you.  (Just kidding, actually I just learned that they changed this already in 2004 to stop exodus of major corporations such as IKEA from Sweden.)  Read more here,  http://m.thelocal.se/48712/20130626

Speaking of packing, I have some major packing to do tomorrow myself... taking my "pick och pack" and heading back home.  And I have lots of things, lots of luggage, and ideas plus a nice tan.  It's been a beautiful four weeks in Sweden.  I'm blessed to have such a great family here, and I will miss them, but I am so excited  to see my handsome hubby again.  I hope that he recognizes me.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...