Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Valborgsmassoafton

Happy Walpurgis Night! (Said no-one ever, as far as I know.)  I don't even know what that is, but I know that Swedes celebrate the night before May 1st - Valborgsmassoafton - with big bonfires, and "sing the season in".  Tomorrow choirs around Sweden will wake up early and welcome "Sköna Maj" (beautiful May) welcome.  I will miss hearing my stepfather sing tomorrow - so glad I got to hear the male choir that he sings in last year, bright and early in the beautiful park. It was just lovely.  Here is some more information on the tradition.  http://goscandinavia.about.com/od/annualeventstraditions/qt/walpurgisnight.htm
Maybe I should just start a fire for old times sake?  ;-)  Kidding!  Happy May Day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...