Wednesday, February 20, 2013

the beast


Uploaded from Picasa, a first for me, this is my pillow deluxe!  It was a very labor intensive project but one that I love because of the beautiful embroidery I purchased in Sweden.  I liked thinking of the Swedish woman (I think of her as old with a handkerchief on her head) laboring away on this embroidery in front of the fire, or "kakelugn".  I hope that you like it as much I do!  I made the pillowcase cover surround out of dark-blue cotton, and there's a closure in the back that allows you to hand wash the cover and stick the 14" x 28" pillow insert back in when you are done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...