Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Gustaf Adolf Day!

Want a reason to celebrate besides the election?  It's Gustaf Adolf Day!  Yippee!  OK, no idea why this day is important but it's in the Swedish calendar so who am I to quibble?  Break out the beer!  Gustaf VI Adolf was one of the many kings of Sweden with that name.  He ruled from 1950 - 1973.  I remember this picture hanging at my grandparents house in Mälarhusen as it did in homes, post offices, banks, schools around the country.  Today the king is named Carl Gustaf and he is father to the queen to be - Victoria.  Not sure how much power she will actually yield but Swedes do seem to have a soft spot in their hearts for royalty.  At least they do sell magazines!  See Wikipedia link for facts here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustaf_VI_Adolf_of_Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...