Monday, August 31, 2015

Kurbits on my mind

I've been fooling around with kurbits and painting the multi-colored gourds in an old time style lately. Painting kurbits is very complicated and I hope you enjoy this simple attempt to put some of the old-time look into a more modern drawing.  I used my daughter's gel pens and fooled around until I had some of the style captured in her hair. (I'd actually really like to have some earrings like these!)  For more on modern kurbits take a look at what they're selling in Sweden, and here for a great website on about Swedish craft by Frida  http://www.kurbits.nu/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...