Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Who can resist this face?

I know I said that I would only post once a week but who can resist this cutie?  Madeleine's and Chris' baby is officially named.... Leonore Lilian Maria.  I like it, do you?  And of course the king and quenn are thrilled with the newest addition to the familiy who is fifth in line to the throne. A 21 gun salute for the baby  HRH Princess Leonore Lilian Maria of Sweden, Duchess of Gotland!
Here's something else to look forward to - a retrospective of Anders Zorn opens tomorrow at New York's National Academy Museum tomorrow.  Called "Review and Preview:  The Master Painter" this beautiful show will be up until May 18th at 1083 Fifth Avenue in NY.  With nearly 100 pieces by Zorn this is something I can't wait to see.
Anders Zorn (1860-1920), L-R: Reveil, 1892, watercolor; Isabella Stewart Gardner, 1894, oil; Une Premiere, 1888, gouache (76x56cm). Used by permission of the exhibit, “Anders Zorn: Sweden’s Master Painter."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...