Sunday, February 23, 2014

Closing Ceremonies

Hej!  Of course the 2014 Olympic closing ceremonies are tonight.  We are so proud of the Swedes who garnered 15 medals (2 gold, 7 silver, and 6 bronze) as of now with three events yet to happen.  Check out the complete medal count at the Bleacher Report.


Also Madeleine had a baby daughter on February 20th at 10:41 PM.  It is "an incredible feeling to hold her", says the happy dad, Chris O'Neill.  I tried the automatic name generator and got "Karen Magdalena Louise Natasha".  Try it yourself and see what you get,  http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/madeleines-babylycka/. Click "slumpa fram namn".  There will be four first names, and one last name and Chris says that he can pronounce them all.  (We can't because we don't know them... yet.) ;-)  Princess Madeleine's full name is Madeleine Therese Amelie Josephine, Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland.  She's a mom now, amazing.  

Actually our little boy turns 12 tomorrow.  Personally it was such a momentous day when he was born on 2/24. It turned our world upside down, for the better, and in many unexpected ways.  One way was that I went from being a fully employed bank marketing professional to being mother, jack-of-all trades, artist, wanna-be entrepreneur, and part-time employee in teaching, marketing, sales, retail and more.  Basically anything that let me stay a little longer with our amazing boy and later our little girl, who are the lights of our lives.  But now the pendulum has swung again and I have accepted another job, and although this is another part-time gig, it feels real.  It has real hours, it's five days a week, and uses skills that I haven't brushed off in a while but am proud to say that I still have.  Well, I think I do!  We shall see about that. New work clothes were also in order so I won't be living in my jeans for the next four months!  That's a big deal too.  :-)

So although this isn't my closing ceremony it does mean that I am going to have to pare down on "living la vida lagom" posts for a while.  I won't go away for good because I enjoy blogging too much but I won't have as much time for it.  I'm good at juggling (especially after 12 years of being a little bit of everything for everybody) but now I think some focus is in order.  Focus on work, financials, and of course the family.  Those are my Olympic events right now!  I will miss you.  (Just a vanity but I like to think of you readers out there so please comment.)  I hope that you have a very happy week, and I will write again next weekend. God natt!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...