Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Acne Studios Spring 2014

So, as you may know it's Fashion Week in New York City when fashion divas, reporters and bloggers from around the world, including Stockholm-based Isabel Adrian from Expressen, wander around the windy streets of the Fashion District and SOHO soaking up the ambiance and attending the shows.  This designer I thought was interesting from an artistic point of view, and he's Swedish (natch). Jonny Johansson of the fashion line Acne, see Acne Studios here (who actually showed in Paris) was inspired by Hilma af Klint - last year's hit art show at "Moderna Museet" that I blogged about here!

Here's her work :
Here's his work :

Here's what Jonny says:  "She was before Mondrian, she was before Kandinsky," he was marveling as he flipped through the exhibition catalog. He might just as well have gestured up at his clothes. He'd adapted her pieces into the collection's prints. "When I saw her color palette, I thought this is my color palette," he said, pointing to her milky pinks, yellows, and blues. "I relate to this. Everyone thinks of Sweden as gray. I don't relate to that." from Style

So yeah, I can see how he was inspired by her colors and her cutting edge approach to art.  Not saying I'd want Handsome Hubby to go around dressed like this necessarily but for the fashion darling it could be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...