Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Dump Cake

Peach Cobbler Dump Cake I
memmI don't know if I'm the only person in the world that's never made this cake before, but dump cake is my new fav.  I watched Pioneer Woman today for the first time and she was literally making food for cowboys.  It was intriguing.   I mean, do people actually still live like this?  Branding, and separating cows into different pastures while riding horses seems like a thing of the past.

But yes, they do, and she makes delicious food for them while a camera crew films every second.  I didn't have a camera crew, or even a camera, but I did make the peach dump cake and it was the easiest cake eva'!  Do my kids deserve cake on a Tuesday?  Not really.  But if it gets my picky daughter to eat two more bites of pasta I am all for it! Recipe below:

Ingredients:
1 29 oz can of sliced peaches, with syrup
1 box yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 and 1/2 bars of butter, sliced (3/4 cup) or more if needed
Steps:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour peaches and syrup into greased 9 x 13" baking dish.  Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over it.  Then spread the sliced butter on top and into the oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Voila!  It's sure easier than my Swedish cinnamon buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...