Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lukas 10.18

Grattis på namnsdagen Lukas!


My son is having his "namesday" today (Oct. 18).  This is a Swedish tradition that predates birthday celebrations but no longer trumps them.  There is a name for every day of the year as determined by the Swedish church.  My Christina day is in July and this year I was lucky enough to celebrate it this year in Sweden with my mother and daughter who share this middle name.  Lukas doesn't get to celebrate his day in Sweden this year so I compensated by making him "bullar".  I can't wait until the kids come home from school so they can get a whiff of these cinnamon rolls!  The recipe is attached for those of you who like to bake.  Mums!  Cinnamon rolls recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...