Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Buddhaful

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn"t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~Buddha

My friend Jen posted this a couple of days ago.  Not only is it so funny, it sounds a little Swedish to me!  I think we are one of the only groups of people who actively desist in getting too excited about things.  I mean, why get overeager when something bad could happen?  Don't expect too much, and you won't get disappointed seems to be the idea.  This is why my blog is called "living la vida lagom" because although I love Sweden and its people, I definitely chose to ignore some attitudes and make my own decisions about how to react and respond.  For example it is probably pretty un-Swedish to talk about how lucky you are, but I am.  Very lucky and thankful that I got to live another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...