Thursday, May 5, 2016

Hell to the No!

This woman is bold and brave!  Tess Asplund said "hell to the nej" to the neo-Nazis in Sweden.  She just reacted in Borlänge on May3rd and David Lagerlöf happened to take her picture.  It's going viral and The Guardian covered the event with an article.  It's soooo scary that the Nazi group, or Nordic Resistance Group as they call themselves now, is growing in Sweden.  The far right has become a common sight now as they never were when I lived in Sweden.  It's like a really bad Stieg Larsson book has come true and will haunt you forever if you don't stand up for what's right. Here's what Tess said, and I love it -
I hope something positive will come out of the picture. Maybe what I did can be a symbol that we can do something – if one person can do it, anyone can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...