Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Swedevangelist

Sometimes I feel like I am spreading the Swedish gospel.  It appears that I have become the poster child for Santa Lucia, and Swedish traditions in general.  Most recently I was part of our local multi-cultural evening where I made myself into a little Sweish gumma (old lady) and asked the kids tricky questions before giving them their stamps in "passports".
It was fun once I had the bread made, the display ready, and the son wrangled into helping me.  It is all worth it though. The kids were adorable and people interested. The librarian complemented me recently on the St. Lucia song and presentation I did about 5 years ago with my youngest, Special K.  It was special, and she remembered it. :)  Najs (nice). So I guess I'll keep on doing it. Heja Sverige!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...