Sunday, April 12, 2015

Steampunk Silliness

There's a festival on May 9th that I'm itching to go to.  The hubby isn't sure, but I think it's a blast, I mean who wouldn't want to dress up as a cool alterego from the 1800's wearing bodice and boots?
Photo by h.NAOTO STEAM
A corset and a hat are obvious musts - but one must have a role to play as a Steampunk goddess - and that's what I am mulling over right now.  I wonder if I could add a Swedish twist, perhaps play a mild mannered Swedish teacher/spy with a devilish side.  What do you think?  By the way, turns out that Steampunk truly is everywhere, this picture was taken in Gävle Sweden last year.  Fun!
Finally a shout-out to this beautiful blog, http://amostpeculiarmademoiselle.blogspot.com/. Turns out she dresses like a historical hobbit and I love her style and sense of what suits her!  I think I'll reach out because I'm considering using my Swedish bodice from my folkdräkt (folk costume) as part of my Steampunk design.  Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...