Steampunk Silliness

There's a festival on May 9th that I'm itching to go to.  The hubby isn't sure, but I think it's a blast, I mean who wouldn't want to dress up as a cool alterego from the 1800's wearing bodice and boots?
Photo by h.NAOTO STEAM
A corset and a hat are obvious musts - but one must have a role to play as a Steampunk goddess - and that's what I am mulling over right now.  I wonder if I could add a Swedish twist, perhaps play a mild mannered Swedish teacher/spy with a devilish side.  What do you think?  By the way, turns out that Steampunk truly is everywhere, this picture was taken in Gävle Sweden last year.  Fun!
Finally a shout-out to this beautiful blog, http://amostpeculiarmademoiselle.blogspot.com/. Turns out she dresses like a historical hobbit and I love her style and sense of what suits her!  I think I'll reach out because I'm considering using my Swedish bodice from my folkdräkt (folk costume) as part of my Steampunk design.  Stay posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eurovision 2017! Update #2

Stockholm in my 💗

#metoo in Sweden and let the kids stay!