Sunday, January 5, 2014

Rulltårta (Swedish Jelly Roll)

Wanderlusted: Rulltårta (Swedish Jelly Roll): I am trying this recipe today for the annual "Julgransplundring" (Christmas Tree plundering). Sometimes the roll sticks and turns into a jelly pancake. Wish me luck!  Looks good though huh? Thanks Wanderlusted for posting!
By the way, mine came out good too.  Two thoughts, use a baking sheet with parchment paper to get it thinner, and use cake flour.  Normally I don't bother but with the recipe I really think it made a difference. And when the recipe says to let it cool thoroughly, don't rush it like I did.  Got a crack in the cake that way. But it still tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...