Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A beautiful dining room





All from http://www.housebeautiful.com/photos/designer-dining-rooms
Oh, la, la, don't these dining rooms make you want to drool?  And it's not the food we're talking either.  So bare with me please dear reader as I tell you why I am bombarding you with pretty pictures on this dreary Tuesday morning.  As I may have mentioned already HH, the two kiddos, and I moved into a new home in October.  We love it but it was the land of the beige... beige carpeting, beige walls, beige wainscoting between beige walls... you get the idea.  In order to rescue our new home from this affliction we painted the living room a nice greige (not too daring I know but it did make all the difference!) and removed the yucky carpeting.  Voila!
before and after, below.
Edgecomb Gray has a nice warm tone to it
Then we did our son's room with a wall of orange and new blue carpet.  He was thrilled.  So now it is time for the dining room, the heart of the house.  We really don't have any furniture to speak of or preconceived ideas on how it should be done, but we do think it should flow from the white kitchen to the living room (painted Benjamin Moore's Edgecomb gray) as it is the pass through room.  Looking through the internet, old magazines and old blog posts is one way to go, as is searching in the paint store gathering every color I can get my hands on.  What do you do when you are trying to decide on a paint color?  Anything like this?  

When I am done it would be nice to get one of these beautiful Mora clocks from Sweden, but dream on...
Antique Gustavian Tall Clock at Cupboards and Roses for $6,800!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...