Sunday, May 26, 2013

My future is coming on...

I don't know what this says about me but I'm really digging this track by Gorillaz called "Clint Eastwood".  It makes me think of a hazy, metaphorical circus with weird going-ons and dust balls flying by - sort of a doomsday prophecy in a desert landscape. (That's not really what they were thinking though, take a look at the YouTube video.)  Very strange and interesting.  Kind of like a dream I had recently where I had painted a painting of the apocalypse (!?) "what everyone is thinking about these days," I said in my dream. ( FYI, I am actually painting a series of spring flowers and flowering trees.)

And here's some more  information on the band from Wikipedia, "Gorillaz are an English musical and visual project created in 1998 by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett. The project consists of Gorillaz itself and an extensive fictional universe depicting a "virtual band" of cartoon characters."   I'm going to put this on my Spotify account and see if my Swedish cousins dig it.  They are much cooler than me.  More info below, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Eastwood_(song) 

Have a happy long weekend, & enjoy the future!  Sunshine in a bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...