Saturday, July 9, 2016

Falsterbo

My friend Christina and I went to the old Falsterbo Museum recently.  It was raining so I was glad for my new "Horze" raincoat which I bought at the Falsterbo Horse Show.  One of the things that I learned was that Josef Frank (co-owner of Swedish Tenn) lived in a summer house in Falsterbo with his wife and drew five houses for the town.  This is the only place in Sweden that this well known artist and textile designer was architect.  The museum had an exhibit of local houses and the different styles, everything from romantic "historic" style to the modern contemporary style that Sweden is known for. I liked Villa Hulten, which reminded me of a little Acropolis with its inner courtyard, designed by Karen Hulten in 1936.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...