Swedish American blogs about design, decor, life and family with a slant towards Nordic Style and customs.
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Aladdin's Jewels
Just some pics from a fun weekend project from here at "Home Swede Home". I was inspired by the beautiful antiques I inherited recently and decided instead of putting them in a cupboard and using only "for fancy", that I would put them right to use and enjoy them everyday instead. Kind of like when your daughter insists on putting on her tutu and wearing it to school, and why not? Beautiful things are meant to be enjoyed. Loving the mix of textures - rough leather, smooth glass, reflective silver and my baubles all together on the old wood. The old strainer spilling over with jewels especially tickles my fancy. Hope you like it too but let me know! (And yeah, I could have cleaned and polished everything first but that wouldn't have been any fun.) Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Swedish Folk Art at GNACE
Get a load of these lovely artists! All of them finished and embellished their beautiful kurbits paintings at Greater Newburyport Adult Educ...
-
Happy Midsummer from the beautiful mountains around Alton Bay, NH. We enjoyed a wonderful hike and meal with friends in the fresh air, and ...
-
To be honest I don't know much about horses so don't keep reading if you expect stats and expert analysis of jumping or dressage. (...
-
Good morning everyone. Feeling nostalgic today for all the wonderful Christmas markets in Sweden that start to take place this time of year...
No comments:
Post a Comment