Sunday, October 27, 2013

Aladdin's Jewels

Just some pics from a fun weekend project from here at "Home Swede Home".  I was inspired by the beautiful antiques I inherited recently and decided instead of putting them in a cupboard and using only "for fancy", that I would put them right to use and enjoy them everyday instead.  Kind of like when your daughter insists on putting on her tutu and wearing it to school, and why not?  Beautiful things are meant to be enjoyed.  Loving the mix of textures - rough leather, smooth glass, reflective silver and my baubles all together on the old wood.   The old strainer spilling over with jewels especially tickles my fancy.  Hope you like it too but let me know!  (And yeah, I could have cleaned and polished everything first but that wouldn't have been any fun.)  Have a great weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...