Sunday, August 11, 2013

The hazy, lazy days of summer

Are the glorious days of summer turning into a fight for the remote?  This HOUZZ article reminded me of all the things I liked to do as a kid.  I would paint stones, make a soup out of gross stuff, comb the beach for shells, you know - keep bugs in jars and probably suffocate the poor things, etc.  I wish the same for my kids.  I find that electronics keeps nature out and the kids enclosed, kind of like those poor little bugs I used to stick in jars with a stick and some grass.  Set them free!  Today we are going to the beach and we'll make sure to build a sand castle or two, find some special rocks, and make a soupy mess.  Can't wait! Have a great Sunday everyone. Enjoy the article and this beautiful weather.  :-)


Turn Off the Video Games and Turn On Your Kid's Creativity

Architects, interior designers, and more ∨

Consider a versatile murphy bed when looking for guest bed furniture, find well-designed task chairs, and work with a contractor in your area to create a fun yet functional home office.
Light up your living spaces with recessed lighting fixtures, a unique chandelier or even a pendant light fixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...