Thursday, February 9, 2017

High end hygge


Playing with the cat, another cozy winter activity
Hi there, it's our first snow day so it's time to dust off the baking equipment and get to work!  I invited a friend over for some serious "hygge" -- fresh baked scones (recipe at the link), coffee, candles and a nicely set table for two.  Next up, a fire and board games with the kids.  Maybe we'll practice our ukeleles and watch a movie later on.

Hygge (it's pronounced Hoo-gah) is all about cuddling, staying warm in blankies, reading and other cozy stuff.  The words hygge is exported from Denmark and they know how to make the most of the cold winter months!
In the States the closest we get to it are snow days and I'm going to take hygge to the max! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...