Sunday, March 20, 2016

Earth Shaking News!

The biggest earthquake to hit Sweden in 100 years bangs down near Piteå and rattles coffee cups all over town.  I guess a quake measured at 3.9 on the Richter scale may not sound that much to you Californians but it is the largest earthquake to hit Swedish soil in about 100 years.  More here.
Winner of Newburyport Chamber of Commerce Guidebook
More earth-quaking news, ha, ha, my piece depicting the beautiful Newburyport waterfront was picked as one of the top ten finalists in the "Newburyport Chamber of Commerce" Guidebook Competition.  Last week Handsome Hubby and I attended a nice reception with chamber at our local gallery with fellow artists.  The piece above was chosen, it is very fun and colorful.  Grattis! (Congrats) For me it was an honor to be chosen and fun to be part of the event.
My piece "Sailor's Delight" (for sale)
Yummy spread at the NAA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...