Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fall

This time of year can be stunning in this neck of the woods.  Did you know if we were going to call it by it's true name "fall" would most likely be called "get off me" season?  Wind doesn't gently nudge the leaves from the trees, they forcibly throw them off once the season is over and they don't need to create more food.  Harsh but as the days grow colder and shorter it's necessary.  So as we accumulate things -- blankets, coats, warm mittens and more -- the trees get rid of them and survive without. Interesting, but I think a trip to Mexico would be a lot more fun.  Just saying. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...