Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mera Lagom

OK, loving this description of the Swedish word lagom from Mental Floss...
Ruth Sanderson

16. Lagom (Swedish) Maybe Goldilocks was Swedish? This slippery little word is hard to define, but means something like, “Not too much, and not too little, but juuuuust right.”
This word is interesting too.  Hopefully I won't need it any time soon, as death by bacon could be another to put it: :-)
1. Kummerspeck (German)
Excess weight gained from emotional overeating. Literally, grief bacon.  Check out this and other interesting words at wonderful-foreign-words-we-could-use-english.

Mmmm bacon, it's looking pretty good right about now... gotta run and resist at the gym before getting myself into trouble.  Have a great Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...