Monday, January 21, 2013

Här kommer Pippi Långstrump!

I love Pippi, don't you?  When I was a girl I was more like Annika, but I had a friend like Pippi.  We had great adventures together like falling into a goldfish pond, getting lost, and arriving back at her house to find police there filling out a report.  Leslie was cool.  (I also remember her mom washing her mouth out with soap.  She might have liked living at Villa Villekulla.)  Reading Pippi to my eight year old daughter is a great way to practice her Swedish, and it appeals to her inner rebel.  Latent I think in every little girl - maybe just a little more in some than others. ;-)  Later I'll tell you more about our trip to Småland, and Astrid Lindgren's Värld. An adventure in and of itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...