Saturday, April 1, 2017

Earth Day Switch-off

This from the Local, a record number of Swedish's municipalities turned off the lights on Earth Hour which was on 3/25/17 from 8:30 - 9:30 PM.  Next year it will be held on Saturday, March 24th. I'm marking my calendar!  This year I wasn't aware of the event. (Actually we had a power outage so actually we did unwittingly contibute.) :)
No matter what you think of climate change the truth is that we use too much of the earth's precious resources.  A simple thing like turning off the lights can make a difference.  Read more on Earth Hour.  Here's a wonderfully inspiring video from WWF for those of you who are interested:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...