Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Back home again

When you are multicultural it's sometimes hard to know where is home. Is home with my mother? Is it with my family in the States? Is it where I grew up, or where I made a home? I don't know, I guess that I'm lucky to have a home in two beautiful places, but it can be hard too. You're always missing someone.

So I'm home from my trip to Sweden, and it was delightful to see everybody, but it seems that Swedish isn't as good (or perhaps my parents hearing isn't as good) as it once was. My mother and my stepfather both had birthdays in the span of a week, and one of them was a BIG one (90!) so we partied hard with my aunts and uncles in Ystad.
Here is a shot of the beautiful beach that I took walks on as often as possible
We went to Vellingeblomman, check out the Easter display! They have Easter witches in Sweden. 
My family above. 
Painting in my sketchbook was relaxing. I enjoyed the downtime in between the two big b-days. It was nice talking walks and catching up with my friends. Plus I enjoyed hanging out with my sister and my mother.  
Note all the dalahästar in a store in Malmö! I went there one day for some shopping. I went to the art gallery too called Konsthallen.
The beach huts in Höllviken are one of my favorite motifs. I'm sure that I'll make something of this photo. Aren't they cute? 
Grattis igen! 
So glad that we got to celebrate with you and I miss you already!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...