Friday, June 30, 2017

Frames & Paint & ART

Good morning all! Today I'm finally thinking ART!  It's been a super busy year (not very lagom at all) so what is a tired teacher to do? Wait until the summer, natch, to break out those paintbrushes and get to work. On today's agenda is buy some big *** canvases. Yes, I'm going to break out the big guns because I have a show next May in a large venue, see above.  Last year's art show was in my house so my existing work worked nicely. Here are some landscapes and a portrait that I painted in typical smaller sizes (most are for sale by the way).





Next year I'm showing in that huge space with three other artists and I want to go big or go home. :) So, I'm popping a link into here on how to make large frames inexpensively because the size I'll be using is 36 x 48 or 36 x 36. The motif is horses.  Do you like these studies? I'll be working more on other studies next week.  Should be interesting. That's it for now! Ha det så gott.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...