Monday, October 5, 2020

Happy Kanelbullen's Day!!


Yesterday was cinnamon bun day in Sweden, but I say why not celebrate it all week? 😏 This tasty treat is one of Swedes absolute favorites, and although it's quite "vardaglig" (common) it definitely deserves a special day to celebrate and enjoy! The scent alone will drive you mad with desire to add another 5 lbs. to your hips; and the taste with the sweet bread and the crunch of the pearl sugar on top adds just another layer of yumminess. The thing is that a Swedish is actually pretty small so you savor every bite unlike a Cinnabon in the States that will never end, and in my opinion, leaves you feeling pretty gross. 

Here is the recipe I like. If I can buy fresh yeast, then I do because I think it makes all the difference. I hope that you like it too! https://sweden.se/culture-traditions/cinnamon-buns/

(Note: Please allow some time to make these, they need time to rise, but if you are in a rush a little tip I learned while living in Sweden was to turn the oven on very low and let them rise in the oven.)

Mums!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...