- Some of the many things to do in Skåne in the summer include hanging out with the family having fika, or visiting Malmö to enjoy a coffee or bite to eat
- While in Malmö go to Lilla Torg which is the cutest spot to shop and see "Form och Design" with free exhibits housed in a beautiful old timbered house
- Try paddling the canals or visit one of the many parks in town. Did you know that Malmö is known as Parkernas Stad? With 20 disctinct parks, Slottsparken, Kungsparken, and Pildamnsparken, being the best-known ones it is certainly worthy of that name.

Then there are the beaches, in August the water gets chilly, but it's usually a good chance to access your inner Viking and the sun still feels fine. There are beaches all around the penisula, so many good ones to chose from. My favorite is closet to home, Höllviken, as I can walk there! Speaking of Vikings, there is a Viking musuem in Höllviken with an excellent Viking market at times, good food and demos. Check them out https://www.fotevikenvikingaby.se/en
This is Smygehuk, the southern most tip in Skåne and well known for its art exhibits, Swedish crafts and delicious fish sandwiches. Sit outside if the weather is fine and enjoy a sillamacka. There's lots to see and the harbour is so cute.
Next we have Lund - a university city near to heart because I went to highschool there and my cousin lives there! We have Domkyrkan which is a magnificent middle ages church (I can't believe that I actually used to sing there!) and tons of good eating and shopping. I highly recommend Saluhallen where you can get a delicious meal and buy some sausages or other goodies for later. Mums!
The fresh air, the cool nights, the people that I love - I will miss you so much. Until next time Sweden!
Vi ses (see you) xo, Tina









No comments:
Post a Comment