|
|
| Uploaded from Picasa, a first for me, this is my pillow deluxe! It was a very labor intensive project but one that I love because of the beautiful embroidery I purchased in Sweden. I liked thinking of the Swedish woman (I think of her as old with a handkerchief on her head) laboring away on this embroidery in front of the fire, or "kakelugn". I hope that you like it as much I do! I made the pillowcase cover surround out of dark-blue cotton, and there's a closure in the back that allows you to hand wash the cover and stick the 14" x 28" pillow insert back in when you are done. |
Swedish American blogs about design, decor, life and family with a slant towards Nordic Style and customs.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
the beast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Swedish Folk Art at GNACE
Get a load of these lovely artists! All of them finished and embellished their beautiful kurbits paintings at Greater Newburyport Adult Educ...
-
Happy Midsummer from the beautiful mountains around Alton Bay, NH. We enjoyed a wonderful hike and meal with friends in the fresh air, and ...
-
To be honest I don't know much about horses so don't keep reading if you expect stats and expert analysis of jumping or dressage. (...
-
Good morning everyone. Feeling nostalgic today for all the wonderful Christmas markets in Sweden that start to take place this time of year...

No comments:
Post a Comment